Thursday, May 11, 2006

Our anniversary

Four years! Congrats to us! We will celebrate this weekend since Matt works late every night. This feels like it is going to be a good and special year. I'm excited for mother's and Father's day this year because now it means something even more. The last couple years in church they have given me the mother's day gift and I have never felt right taking it. Not that it was anything huge- but this year I can take it with pride. We have entered that phase in our lives. It is a good phase. So in honor of Mother's day and our anniversary I want to take the time to write about how wonderful my husband is because he helps me be a better Mother and wife every day.

He is so patient with me! He never complains- probably because when he does I bite his head off for it. He has a patient quiet way of calming me down when I get snappy. He doesn't let me get away with it. Every day he reminds me how much he loves me as he works so hard for our family and happily comes home and works hard here too. Matt makes our family the first priority. It's because of his hard work and willingness to make sacrifices that I can stay home with Kaden. He is so excited to come home to us every day. We look forward to the weekends together. He makes our house a home with the peace and love that he brings to it. I love watching him with Kaden. Matt loves to make him smile. Kaden smiles when he hears his dad's voice and for a few hours each night he will pay attention to no one else. I can feel their strong bond and I look forward to it getting even stronger as Kaden interacts with us more and more. Basically I could not ask for a better Husband and Father. He's perfect for us because he makes us better.

Now I better go- gotta give Kaden his medicine and then we are off to run errands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I love this post! What a sweet couple of guys you've got!!!

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home